Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crochet corner

Yesterday I stumbled upon a crocheted bracelet. A few days ago I saw a similar Victorian lace pattern, so I decided why the hell not, I'll make my own.

Sadly, yarns are seriously expensive these days, and the second hand shop where I buy my yarns has been out of yarns since before Christmas. They said I'll have to wait 2 more weeks and then they might have a new shipment.

And yes, I prefer second hand yarns. I buy unused yarn, there are some their original protective wrappings, and there are the leftovers, clearly unused, just not a full ball of yarn. I don't mind these. After all here 50g of yarn (100% wool) costs 15 HUF, while in any yarn shop it costs 590-790 HUF, depending on colour. Can you blame me? I mean buying yarn for a hat you wanna make costs twice as much as a hat you buy in a random shop! This is insane.

Anyway, I sadly have little ecru coloured yarn, so I used my leftover ball of macramé thread. It was a bit bulky and thick, but the overall look of the bracelet is pretty neat, so who cares?

The bracelet is completed with some leftover silk ribbon I had in my bag of ribbons and a button I've had laying around.

Pretty neat, huh?

No comments: